Sunday 14 December 2014

Christmas Lessons with Year 1-2

Coming towards the end of term the lessons for the students were very fun and spending lots of time on my favourite subject, Christmas! This was a great chance for me to get the kids involved with preparing for the festive season especially when the Primary syllabus was called "Let's Celebrate"

We spent a bit of time making Snowman Advent Calendars and ended the term with some Christmas Stockings. 





The Snowman Advent Calendar to start off with was a little hectic as I had to keep an eye on all of the students and ensuring that they had all 24 dates painted and dried correctly. As you can imagine I had bits of card with painted numbers every where around the classroom. Thankfully I have teaching assistant Miss Pat ready to help with anything which I am very grateful for. Some students got on with this swimmingly and some not so well. This then had made it easier for me to split the class in two groups the following week when they were finishing them. This was a great lesson for the students where they were able to think creatively and involved a bit of simple maths which kept them very focused. This was a time consuming task for me to gather their numbers in sets of 24 with their names but the results were worth it in the end and I know that they are using them now, tearing a number away each day till Christmas day.


This is a time lapse video of the second double lesson of completing the Snowman Advent Calendars. 


The Christmas Stockings was just as fun and it involved the students to learn new skills such as sewing the card together with string and to decorate them. This was a great fun and was completed in one double period lesson. 


Below is another time lapse video of my lesson.



No comments:

Post a Comment