Sunday 24 August 2014

Kayaking at Lam Takhong Dam

On Tuesday a visiting group of 30 students from Amnuay Silpa School, Bangkok came for 4 days and I was fortunate to join them to go kayaking for the afternoon at Lam Takhong dam. 
Tony runs the activities and he organises for the students and the kayaks to get there by the school mini buses. Instructions were given to the students by Tony for the basic skills to kayak. We built a raft using all the kayaks join them together. The students learnt a range of skills in order to navigate the themselves which was a good team building exercise as the students had to work in pairs to one kayak. It was a lot of fun and the students enjoyed it. 
Unfortunately our course had to be cut short as there were thunder and lightning in the distance. The students were then instructed to go back to shore. However the storm never materialised so the students went for a swim in the reservoir. You might think it  would be cold but it was just like swimming in a warm bath.   

I was not able to get more photos of us whilst we were on the kayaks however I am now looking to get a Go Pro camera for activities like this in future. I have brought a waterproof bag so I could risk taking my camera next time. 
Tony asked me to get involved with the Big Mountain Outdoor Education Centre Facebook page so I made a short video for the school to enjoy alongside some pictures. I think everyone here is starting to learn that I love using my camera and to record everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment