Thursday 28 August 2014

Morning Runs

As I am trying to settle into my new life and job routine, I am also going for 6am runs with another keen runner and friend Nicole who is the Primary Teacher for Year 1-2. We run for 3km down a track that follows from behind the school towards a T junction and run back towards the Staff village. 
I do enjoy these runs and I do find that they wake me up ready for the day. The views in the morning are stunning as shown in these photos with sunsets and dramatic landscapes. (Taken on my iPhone).
We get up this early to run in the morning as this is coolest part of the day and you would not want to find yourself to run in 30 degree plus heat in the afternoon after school. The afternoons are also a normal time of day when the heavens just open and pours for an hour or so. The company is great too and we run and talk at the same time (This just makes our runs harder I guess), which makes the time goes by. 
As much as I am enjoying the runs I am so tired at the end of the day and I am wiped during the evenings, almost next to useless. Our days here at school are so long and you find at times not finishing till 5pm if you have clubs and if there is a sporting event you will not stop till 6pm. So unfortunately I am having to limit my runs in the mornings especially if I had a bad nights sleep.
Another factor are the dogs that are in the area that can be very territorial. I can never run around here on my own as the dogs are likely to attack you. I am taking myself away from the equation and to only run twice a week with Nicole which would make it more manageable and therefore I can focus on swimming more lengths. It is a shame really as the views are so beautiful and I enjoy the challenge of running in the heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment